So I am a self-confessed Bikram yoga addict, I have been practising for just over two years now and it is my little obsession and stress-outlet. For those of you who are not quite on the same page as me; Bikram is a one and a half hour class where the studio is heated to 40 degrees. The practise is great, it really allows you to experience a deep awareness within your body whilst at the same time granting you humility, boundaries and patience.
Our class yesterday evening was taught by Sally (the owner of the studio) who has been the sole inspiration for me to continue and grow to love yoga. Sally is currently 7 months pregnant and looks incredible, she was prancing around the studio in minute hot pants and a crop top with this gorgeous protruding belly, too cute!
For those of you interested in trying out yoga, I practise at Bikram Yoga Jozi, an awesome studio in Illovo in the Thrupps centre, click here for details.
Cooked dinner after class last night, with my fellow yoga class-mate and bride-to-be best friend! We made ourselves roast chicken with a baked ricotta, chickpea, basil and pepper salad, was delicious and healthy (definitely “yoga-approved”). so for those of you interested, see the recipe below:
– 1 can good quality chickpeas
– 1 chopped red pepper
– 1 block ricotta cheese
– 1 handful shredded fresh basil
– 1 lemon
– dried chilli flakes and origanum
– olive oil and red wine vinegar for dressing
– Preheat the oven to 180 degrees; crumble the ricotta onto a baking tray, sprinkle with chilli flakes, origanum and S&P and bake until browned for approximately 15 minutes.
– In a salad bowl; drain the chickpeas and add the chopped pepper and basil, mix well.
– Make a quick dressing of freshly squeezed lemon juice, olive oil and red wine vinegar and pour over mixture.
– Finally add the baked ricotta and mix well.
Trying out the Wolves music evening tonight, can’t wait for some good music, a few drinks and a catch up with the night-hawk, will report back tomorrow!