This pasta has to be a winner for the simplicity vs taste factor. It can be whipped up in a matter of 20 minutes and it’s super easy. Its fresh, healthy and delicious, see below for pics and the recipe. Enjoy ♥
– 1/2 a packet of pasta (penne or shells)
– 2 tins solid tuna (in oil, Woolies has tuna in soya oil which works well)
– 1 large punnet cherry tomatoes (halved)
– 1 punnet mushrooms (sliced)
– 1 packet wild rocket
– 1 lemon
– garlic (optional)
– white wine for cooking
– Preheat the oven to 200 degrees, when ready, place the halved cherry tomatoes under the grill (add garlic if want) and roast until the skins have softened (~10min)
– Whilst this is on the go, get the pasta ready, cook as per cooking instructions. Meanwhile, heat up some olive oil in a large frying pan & start to fry up the mushrooms.
– once they have started frying, add some squeezed lemon juice from half a lemon, some grated lemon zest & some white wine. I go on taste for quantities, just don’t drown your mushrooms!
– When the majority of the liquid is absorbed by the mushrooms, add the tinned tuna (do not drain all of the oil, as it is nice to have a bit of the oil in the pasta to prevent it from being too dry) and add the roasted cherry tomatoes.
– Finally add in the cooked pasta and rocket and toss quickly. Serve immediately.
Ciao Bella xxx